• Development and execution of an effective product and client strategy
• Pro-actively establish, develop and maintain a sector of corporate banking clients and ensuring
that new relationships or ongoing requirements of existing clients attain maximum revenue
within acceptable risk profile requirements.
• Contribute to overall strategy formulation, leveraging market knowledge, competitor analysis
and trade flows to initiate innovative deal structures.
• Drive and execute the Customer Value Proposition (CVP) and activities aimed at optimizing both
customer experience and profitability for the Bank.
• Responsible for proactively understanding the clients’ strategic direction and long term needs as
well as the opportunities and threats to the clients.
• Market, package and sell structured solutions that are bespoke to the client context, responsive
to changing dynamics and meet regulatory requirements.
• Continually recommend improvements and adaptations to existing systems, processes and
structures to ensure current and future viability of Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB).
Business Acumen and Market Understanding
• Remain up-to-date in designated specialist industry (ies) and provide expert guidance to clients
and CIB employees on matters relating to that industry.
• Create a strong awareness of the environmental factors and market impacts on the business and
implement strategies to defend or take advantage of these.
• Market to existing and potential CIB clients with the full complement of products and services
offered by the Bank.
• Monitor market and competitor activities and strategies to ensure that opportunities for new
businesses are not overlooked and the Bank’s market share is maintained/increased.
• Remain abreast of all changes to rules, regulations, legislation and changes in the global markets
and the implications thereof on client strategies, products and the capability of Bank Windhoek
as a bank to anticipate and implement these changes.
• Responsible for developing an intimate understanding of the clients’ industry and business,
analyzing their modus operandi, management practices, judgement of various influential decision
makers, and market conditions affecting the long-term viability of the business and industry
• Responsible for utilizing information management systems and processes to pre-empt selling
opportunities and identify opportunities and threats to clients and the Bank.
• Accountable to ensure resolution of all client queries and requests through Transactional
Products and Services (TPS) or other areas in the bank.
Client Profitability and Risk Management
• Establishes credibility and overall profitability for the Bank and the client by the skillful application
of specialist knowledge to deal with diverse client environments and provide qualified leads to
relevant areas within the Bank e.g. Treasury, Project Finance.
• Responsible for conforming to the Bank’s risk policies and procedures.
• Responsible for demonstrating a general understanding of all areas of risk associated with CIB
clients, products and services.
• Responsible for drawing on this information and input from reliable sources (network) to decide
on strategies to meet their needs (business financial needs and operational banking service
needs) to establish a sound relationship for further business and protect against loss of key clients
• Conduct pre-assessment of business deals in liaison with credit that require the assessment of
credit to identify risks.
• Responsible for developing and nurturing strategic relationships with the clients to ensure that
the strategy and business objectives of the client and the Bank are achieved (Key Client
interactions and sales leadership).
• KYC champion by investing significant time with client to understand the clients existing needs
• Manage expectations while maintaining a high standard of quality and accuracy
• Continually drives a superior client orientated culture within CIB that aims to exceed client
• Build and maintain networks with other sector leaders internal and external
• Adopt appropriate relationship management strategies to protect the Bank’s interest and retain
• Properly positioning the extend of offerings available through CIB.
• Fully accountable for the relationship with the client, across all hierarchical levels, which
incorporates integrating and coordinating all contact between the Bank and the client.
• Responsible for identifying a “champion” within the client’s business and fostering the
relationship to ensure leading edge information about the client’s business objectives,
opportunities and threats.
• Responsible for appropriately balancing technical input and marketing skill to address client
environment and needs.
• Ensure that specialist skills on specific products and product mix at the appropriate time and level
is introduced to create solutions, which effectively satisfies client needs.
• Ensures that supportive, open relationships exist between Coverage, Retail Banking and support
services and all relevant stakeholders and service providers.
• Educate the client in terms of the structure of CIB and identifies the individuals responsible for the client’s sales and service.
• Responsible for identifying barriers that emanate from sales and service delivery dissatisfaction and develop strategies to overcome these problems with the relevant members of the team and
• Ensures that client confidence is supported by solid delivery of expected benefits, such as cost-efficient finance, improved efficiency of financial administration, and reliability of required
service standards through continuous communication.
• Motivate, delegate and empower appropriately, enabling direct reports to take responsibility and display appropriate creativity and initiative
• Provide leadership, development, training, support and coaching within the CIB space.
• Manage, train and appraise a dedicated team to develop their client relationship skills and motivate them to contribute to achievement of job and team objectives
• Define key performance indicators (KPI’s) for staff members and create a conducive environment that encourages personal development.
• Monitor and evaluate staff performance against agreed service levels and agreed performance contracts and personal development plans
• Ensure that all team related administrative functions including portfolio management, file
• Continually drive and role models a superior client orientated culture within CIB maintenance, regular customer inspections, periodic appraisals, training and staff development
are competently performed
• Identify through account management, potential defaulting accounts, investigate the cause for concern and recommend remedial actions to senior management.
• Carry out detailed financial analysis of the client accounts and develop proposals within defined bank procedures
• Ensure that the financial management processes and procedures of CIB is understood and conformed to.
• Responsible for continually making suggestions to improve and adapt these processes for the benefit of CIB and the client.
- Attend to any other reasonable and lawful instruction as given to the incumbent by his/her supervisor is carried out on time and correct