27 October 2021
Job category: Banking, Finance, Insurance. Stockbroking
EE position: No
Effective administrative management of the credit facilities in compliance with the Bank's credit policy and procedures and containment of credit risk as per BSC.
1 Customer Focus
- Responsible for ensuring that clients are handled in a professional manner, the information provided is correct and clients are correctly referred.
- Client relationship management for loan accounts
2 Sales Focus
- Responsible for identifying cross-selling opportunities and to refer such opportunities and leads to the sales area.
3 Credit Administration
- Evaluation of credit applications, with reference to risk factors: Financial analysis, Financial structuring, Credit evaluation and assessment, Collateral
- Ensure all applicable documentation for credit applications are received from sales.
- Responsible to ensure that documents for entry are completed correctly with the required authorisation and signatures.
- Monthly/quarterly/annual revision of account exposure
- Daily referral processes
- Excess memorandum submitted to centralised Credit Office
- Responsible for preparing reports and standard statements / Ensures that monthly returns/reports are submitted to centralised Credit Office.
- Responsible for ensuring that contracts are complete and legally correct (only if no dedicated Collateral area in branch).
- Responsible for ensuring that difference between source documents and the system are corrected and that lists are filed.
- Responsible to ensure that costs are recovered in accordance with the prescribed guidelines.
- Achieving credit control assessment targets / audit.
- Completion of all applicable documentation for overdraft facilities: existing customers.
- Aftercare for all collections.
- Working with People
- Adhering to principles & values
- Planning and organising
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial thinking
Experience/Knowledge & Skills
- At least 2 years general banking experience
- Knowledge of Products and Services
- Knowledge of Business & Administration Procedures
- Knowledge of Credit principles
- Computer literacy essential (Word, Excel)
- Skill in analyzing and evaluating financial information.
- Grade 12
- A Credit Diploma will be an advantage