Procurement Officer (GL5) - Finance Department
• Assisting business units in obtaining competitive quotations.
• Responsible for investigating qualitative and quantitative discrepancies between goods ordered and goods received.
• Responsible for the accurate processing goods receipts.
o Compare the invoice received to the purchase order initially created.
o Ensure that the quantity ordered corresponds to the quantity received.
o Ensure that the values correspond.
• Negotiation with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
• Responsible for attending to queries from business units and vendors with reference to purchase orders and receipts of goods.
• Ability to provide clear instructions, exposing subordinates to more challenging tasks and providing constructive feedback (Coaching)
• Quick to understand (Understanding skills)
• Has a broad knowledge of the environment (General knowledge)
• Evaluating and investigative (Social role – evaluating)
• Drive to succeed and complete tasks (Social skills – preserving)
• Time conscious (Time management skills)
• Ability to cope well with pressure and stress (Stress management)
• Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. See more occupations related to this skill.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems. See more occupations related to this skill.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. See more occupations related to this skill.
• Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action. See more occupations related to this skill.
• Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others. See more occupations related to this skill.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
• Must have an aptitude for detail and critical analysis.
• SAP experience
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
• Excellent verbal and written communication proficiency in English
• Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
• Goal-oriented, organized team player
• SAP Material Management will be an added advantage.
• Must be in possession of a valid code BE Driver’s License