Senior Credit Officer
27 October 2021
Job category: Banking, Finance, Insurance. Stockbroking
EE position: Yes
Effective administrative management of the credit facilities (mandate as allocated by Manager: Credit) in compliance with the Bank’s credit policy and procedures and containment of credit risk as per BSC.
Key Performance Areas (KPAs)
Responsible for ensuring that clients are handled in a professional manner, the information provided is correct and clients are correctly referred.
Client relationship management for loan accounts.
Responsible for identifying cross-selling opportunities and to refer such opportunities and leads to the sales area.
Evaluation of credit applications, with reference to risk factors:
- Financial analysis
- Financial structuring
- Credit evaluation and assessment
Ensure all applicable documentation for credit applications are received from sales.
Responsible to ensure that documents for entry are completed correctly with the required authorisation and signatures.
Monthly/quarterly/annual revision of account exposure
Daily referral processes
Excess memorandum submitted to centralised Credit Office
Responsible for preparing reports and standard statements / Ensures that monthly returns/reports are submitted to centralised Credit Office
Responsible for ensuring that contracts are complete and legally correct (only if no dedicated Collateral area in branch)
Responsible for ensuring that differences between source documents and the system are corrected and that lists are filed
Responsible to ensure that costs are recovered in accordance with the prescribed guidelines
Achieving credit control assessment targets / audit
Completion of all applicable documentation for overdraft facilities: existing customers
Aftercare for all collections
Ensure that the right people are placed in the right positions in order to reduce workload, overtime and staff turnover
Effectively plan and conduct formal and on the job trainings to ensure that sufficient expertise are available to perform the job
Sufficient knowledge of staff and their duties to do effective evaluation in accordance the Banks guidelines.
· Customer focus
· Delivering Results and meeting customer expectations
· Planning & Organising
· Problem Solving and Analytical
· Adaptability and Coping
· Detail and Quality conscious
· Communicating orally/written
· Working with people
Experience/Knowledge & Skills
· At least 4 years general banking experience
· Knowledge of Products and Services
· Knowledge of Business & Administration Procedures
· Knowledge of Credit principles
· Computer literacy essential (Word, Excel)
· Budgeting and planning skills.
· Excellent Leadership skills
· Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
· Skill in analyzing and evaluating financial information.
· Passion to work with numbers
MDP/LDP – progress to obtain